The D. C. McDonald Building, built in 1904, is a fine example of a Classical Revival commercial structure constructed in brick and molded concrete. Designed to imitate stone, the rusticated round-textured concrete blocks are shaped into piers on the lower story. At the entrance, classical pilasters support a substantial arch. Above brick belt courses, paired arched windows linked by ashlar rustication in concrete flank a large central window. Above another brick belt course is found a terra cotta cornice. This building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Original owner A. Wallace. Source: Eureka An Architectural View.