Built in 1872. This single-story frame Italianate cottage features a low hipped roof, symmetrical slanted bay windows with semi-circular tops, plain boxed cornice with frieze decorated brackets under eves and windows, and columnettes dividing the windows vertically. The entry hood with its miniature free-standing columns is quite unusual. The original owner listed is Bridget Morissy. Bridget and Francis Morrissy purchased the land in 1871. They also owned the land of 1102 G street. They then sold both parcels to the Ortons in 1885.
(Credit: Eureka Heritage Society Architectural Survey Files)