Built ca. 1874. The Cousins Building received a twentieth century facade after a fire in 1905, which is eclectic in composition. The scroll parapet reflects the Mission Revival style, while the first-floor elements are Classical Revival. Especially interesting are the first-floor window frames with “bound” foliate or garland motifs. At the storefront level, the transom windows are divided into eight panels by star-shaped mullions.
(Credit: Eureka: An Architectural View”)