Built ca. 1908. This home is a lovely two-story late Queen Anne with an attractive garlanded tower and Colonial Revival porch complete with circular stairway leading up from the street level. The home was originally built for Domingo Zanone’s family by his wife, Magdelena. The Zanones were Italian immigrants who settled in Humboldt County after coming to California during the Gold Rush. The Magdalena Zanone House is on both the National Register of Historic Places and the Eureka Local Register. The undeveloped property to the south of the Zazone house was originally a City park and the terminus of one of Eureka’s past streetcar lines.
To learn more about the current state of the home and its interior, visit this website created by its current owner:
(Credit: “Eureka: An Architectural View”, and Ron Kuhnel via kuhnel.org/zazone_house.htm)