Built ca. 1902 by its first owner, J.A Cottrell. There are a number of distinctive features on the facade, including the attic-level cantilevered porch, the second-floor tripartite window, recessed second-story porch, and an arched first floor window whose frame is composed in part of a pair of diminutive Ionic pilasters. The entrance porch features turned elements characteristic of the Eastlake style. Various patterned shingles, turned elements, and applied ornament are found throughout the exterior including prolific use of original stained glass including the front door transom. The stained glass in the front doors was added by the present owners. The carved garland over the porch is also original although the colors may not be.
(Credit: “Eureka, an Architectural View”)