This building was the Franklin School. It is now the Humboldt County Office of Education. It is a one-story Modernist building with low, horizontal emphasis and glazed corners, It is one of a series of related designs of the same period which use Modernist imagery and detail. It was built in 1940. There have been additions and alterations. It is owned by The Eureka School District.
Source: Eureka: An Architectural View and Google Maps.