The small structure on the corner was originally a gas station built in 1930. The station was built by Frank and Joseph Rowe. The house was built in 1909. It is a one-and-a-half-story frame and shingle structure with steep gabled roof, dormer window, and recessed porch with Ionic columns. The house was built by Opsen and Anderson. The original owner of record was F. Engstrom.
Source: Eureka: An Architectural View and Google Maps.