Built in 1951, this two-story shingled neo-Wrightian apartment building was originally owned by E. Pierson. The structure serves as a good example of a “Pierson building.” This style was commonly built throughout California in the 1950s. They feature flat, gently sloping roofs, and windows without frames. Locally known as Pierson houses, they take their name from Ernest Pierson who was a local builder and responsible for most houses of this style in the area.
Source: Eureka, An Architectural View and Eureka: A Guide to the Architecture and Landscape