The Sumner Charles and Amelia Carson House was demolished in 1968. “The house was built in 1914 and was a two story dwelling with a red tile roof, stucco walls and classical porte cochere.” When the house was lined up for demolition, the Eureka Women’s Club held tours to draw attention to the structure. The house has been replaced with the more modern looking building that houses the Times-Standard newspaper.
Source: “Reframing the Whimsy Garden Project.” Ronald W. Kuhnel. 2011. p. 18. (Master’s Thesis)