Former two-story school with a full basement, now the Humboldt Senior Resource Center, was built in 1902. Located on a corner lot, it is basic rectangular mass, entered through a square pavilion. windows are distributed in bands and are composed of two-over-tow double-hung sash. The adjacent loft building at 1938 California Street was once part of this school district complex; later it was used as a fire station. In 1983 the city rehabilitated both buildings into the Humboldt Senior Resource Center.