2237 Second Street

Built ca. 1899, and originally owned by C. Nixon. This one-story frame Italianate cottage has a full basement. It is listed on the Local Register of Historic Places – “important to the history and development of local architecture representing three periods of construction: settlement, turn of the century transitional,and Craftsman – each of which retains sufficient integrity to be distinctive.” The house is an example of the evolution of regional architecture. (Van Kirk 2000:2)

(Credit: Eureka: An Architectural View and Historic Resources Review)