Built 1880. This house appears to be an unusual combination of Greek and Gothic revival styles. Not only is this house fortunate enough to be part of an intact row of nineteenth century buildings which turn along “C” Street, it also is a nice medium between the two-story buildings on Grant and the one-story cottages aligned on “C” street. The high pitched dormers allude to the former, but a certain abstention from elaboration relaxes the eye to a more direct domesticity of scale. The many-paned windows recall the Greek Revival cottages of Eureka’s earlier days, and slip a certain neat historical play into an obviously newer building. One wishes that modern communal buildings could hang together as well as this duplex, and yet announce their separate parts as well.