Built 1869 with the addition of 225-27 in 1883. Although altered, these buildings retain their essential character. Erected by R.M. Williams, both structures are modified Greek Revival Styles. Each is a rectangular two story building with wide shiplap siding. On the side elevation of 233-37 First Street, original pedimented windows with multi-lights are visible. A comparison of the two buildings offers some clues to the later date of 225-27 First Street. While the boxed cornice with return points to a Greek Revival origin, the shingled attic and paired brackets indicate a later date. This building was probably originally embellished with an Italianate porch as well.