Built 1888. Flanked by properties owned or purchased by H.H. Buhne, this Italianate structure is one of the speculative buildings that insured his prominence as a local entrepreneur and businessman. The storefronts on this two-story wood-sheathed building are a restoration from pictorial evidence. The narrow windows on the upper level are original and are set in frames with decorated sills and bracketed hood moldings.