The Eureka or Humboldt Bay Woolen Mills was a remarkable wooden industrial building constructed in the Greek Revival style in 1900. The structure featured boxed cornices with returns and multipaned sash windows. The building was enlarged throughout the years, but always kept a great deal of stylistic integrity. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, but due to safety concerns in was torn down in 1987. The building was the only surviving industrial structure of its kind in the city, and the only one not related to the fishing or lumber industries.