1108 Broadway

Constructed as an exhibit room to display “novelties” manufactured from redwood burl, the Stump House was certainly a novelty itself. This building, created by overlaying redwood bark on the underlying structure in 1911, was a significant visual metaphor for the local lumber industry. It was often featured on postcards and was a favorite tourist attraction for early motorists to the Redwood Realm. (Green Book) The Stump House was removed from this location in the late 1990s.