Built 1888. The Young House was designed by the famous San Fransisco architects the Newsom brothers. This one-and-a-half story Queen Anne/Eastlake house was once a twin of 220 Hillsdale Street. A fire destroyed the upper levels of the structure in 1896, and they were not duplicated in the reconstruction. The lower level is remarkable for its front elevation decorative treatment, particularly the large shelf brackets with sunburst motifs, the unusual traceried arched windows, and the fine entry porch with carved and spindle ornament. The house was moved from its original home at 1528 Sixth street in the 70s.
(Credit: “Eureka: An Arhcitectural View”)