Built 1876. This one-and-a-half-story Gothic Revival house is dramatically framed by two palm trees. Typical of this less-elaborate style, there is little exterior embellishment. The house has a T-shaped plan, steeply pitched gable projections, corner boards, and shiplap siding. Below the central gable projection on the main facade, one can distinguish a later hipped roof addition from the 1880s. Slanted bay windows on either side of the entrance are visually linked by the bracketed cornice. This house was associated with the Hill family from 1878 to 1952, particularly with Arthur W. Hill, Humboldt County District Attorney.