Built 1870. Constructed by Captain H.H. Buhne as part of his commercial real estate holdings, this wooden building is an excellent example of the simplified Italianate style, The classically ornamented windows are formally placed below the modest bracketed cornice. A pedimented parapet appears at the top of the building. Cast-iron pilasters delineate the original storefront, above which appear a blank frieze and dentil sub-cornice which are not original. These were added to visually connect 600 Second Street, erected at a later date. On the second floor of this building Captain Buhne created a public Hall known as Buhne’s Hall–a space decorated with frescoes by artist Max Stoker at the time of construction and used for dances and plays.