Built ca. 1897. This two-story , vernacular gable-end structure was built as a rooming house and bar. The structure is now sheathed in horizontal, shiplap wood siding that resembles narrow two inch boards, and the only ornamentation on the building is the piercing pattern of twenty sash windows along the first and second stories on the north and wast facades. The ten downstairs windows are original two-over-two light sash windows with plain sills and trim, and a diagonal corner entrance leads into the downstairs bar. An addition has been added to the west side of the building. Despite alterations to the structure, its original rectangular form, scale, piercings, and function remain intact on the facades facing First and C Streets.
(Credit: 1990 National Register Nomination for Old Town, Eureka Heritage Society)